Can I use an encoded link with Blogger or my blogging software?
To insert a spam protected link in Blogger, you need to:
- edit your blog's template (under "template" > "edit comment"),
- locate where to paste the code, for which you may want to use the search facility of your browser searching for "mailto:" or for your email address,
- remove the whole line looking like <a href="mailto:email@example.com">Email me</a>,
- press "save template changes" and "republish you blog".
With a Bog Software
To insert a spam-protected email link with a blogging software such as MovableType or WordPress:
- Place the generated snippet in your blog template (simplest option)
- If you only want a mail link on a single page, use the facility provided on your blogging platform for inserting scripts or other verbatim content without changing the formatting
Recent Anti-Spam Help Updates